Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Extra Legroom


Fads come and go yet denim remains to be a staple in the closets of many men. They wear jeans to everyday events and some even inappropriately wear them to formal events like weddings. My dear brother even thought it was a good idea to wear a pair of skinny black jeans to his high school graduation. All I can say is thank g_d he had that robe on or my father would probably have disowned him.

I find the skinny jeans (leggings?) trend hard to fathom. Its nice to have a man be bigger than yourself, you feel protected in a way. Having him wear jeans that are tighter than your own is unfortunate. Having him look skinnier than you is a definite blow to the head, a major kill to any woman's self-esteem. I don't want to be with a guy who'll ask to borrow my jeans someday.

Aren't they uncomfortable? I thought men loved that they could get away with loose clothing. Sometimes I have to decide between wearing a pair of skinnies or breathing. I didn't think men made that kind of sacrifice for fashion.

However, skinny jean's biggest faux pas is the fact that I can see your balls. Trust me they do NOT look good in that position. Especially if your package is lacking you don't need to put that out in the world.

I'm not a man but having a little leg room never hurt anyone. We even pay for it on planes. I think your waists appreciate it too...there's nothing worse than a man with muffin top and a tight tee.

I'm all for gender equality but guys don't have to wear skinny jeans just because girl do. We have different equipment.

The only one who could pull off this look was Sid Vicious in that 70s heroin chic kind of way. Jay Z rapped that he doesn't wear skinnies because his knots don't fit. If your wearing skinnies, I'll assume your's do.

No comments:

Post a Comment